Teacher Spotlight: Eduardo Guedes
2. How many students do you teach, and what is their range of ability levels?
At the moment I teach 15 students from beginners to intermediate level. Sometimes I have some advanced players interested in Brazilian music coming for private lessons as well.
3. What are your favorite teaching materials?
4. How are you incorporating new media (DVDs, Mp3s, Internet, etc) into your teaching?
I have been using play along songs on mp3 format on my iPhone in the classes. Also videos on Youtube have been very helpful.
5. Do you have any funny anecdotes or stories from your teaching?
I don’t have any specific story but in the environment where I teach the World Percussion class at the Williamsburg Collegiate. I have ten 7th and 8th graders and we have a lot of fun all the time. I think it is really important to have fun and laugh with your students.
6. What are your general thoughts on drumming, teaching, music….?
Drumming is my passion. I feel very blessed to make a living playing and teaching drums. I believe that music education can have an extremely positive influence on the younger generation.
Reach Eduardo via his website at www.eduardoguedes.com