Drumming superstar Chad Smith has created several lesson packs exclusively for Drum Guru™! Chad, longtime drummer for the Red Hot Chili Peppers, shows some of his tips and techniques that he has used performing for millions of fans all around the world.
This is Chad Smith’s Rock Basics Pack. Here, Chad shows some of the most basic yet important elements in becoming a great rock drummer. All of these concepts will quickly improve your playing and can be applied to songs that you perform. Be sure to consult “practice mode” to read and practice along with the transcription of each lesson.
Here are the lessons that appear in this pack:
- Basic Bass Drum Doubles
- Ghost Notes on the Snare Drum
- Ghost Notes on the Bass Drum
- Dynamics: Transitioning Loud to Soft
- Embellishing a Basic Groove
- “Immigrant Song”-Style Groove
- “Good Times Bad Times” Fast Foot Triplets
- “Achilles Last Stand” Groove