Hudson Digital: Big Announcement Number 2
For video playback,we originally used Quicktime, a fantastic player, but sometimes it doesn’t provide satisfactory video performance for all users. Our “alternate player” always provided great playback, but needed some work on integration and user experience.
We are excited to announce a brand-new version of our media player (called “BrainPlayer”) is now live! This player has the best playback performance of any player we’ve ever seen and will play perfectly smooth fullscreen video on many computers that have trouble playing other video.
But the real breakthrough feature, in our opinion, is the new player’s ability to slow down video without changing the pitch! This ability, along with the ability to loop a section of video, will enable you to go over sections of any lesson and practice along at your own pace until you have it down pat.
To learn how to use these new features, and to review the easy keyboard shortcuts, visit the Help Center in our Hudson Digital Catalog (question mark button near the top right of the catalog screen).
To access these features, you’ll need to activate the new player, if you haven’t already, like this:
- Click the “options” button in the top right area of the catalog
- If you see an option to “use alternate player,” select this option. If not, then you currently have the new player selected as your default player.
Here is a quick keyboard shortcut guide for the new BrainPlayer:
- i : set In point (start of loop)
- o : set Out point (end of loop)
- l (lower case “L”) : toggle Loop on/off
- – : slow down video
- + : speed up video
- 0 (zero) : play normal speed
- spacebar : pause and start video
- f : toggle fullscreen
- h or home key : close the player
If you have any questions or problems, please visit the Help Center, and if you don’t get an instant answer, fill out the contact form and you’ll get a fast reply during business hours, and sometimes, nights, holidays and weekends!