Neil Peart Mega DVD, Book & Poster Bundle
Mega-Bundle for the Ultimate Neil Peart Fan!
For a limited time, this mega-bundle includes Neil’s classic best-selling DVD Anatomy of a Drum Solo, the blockbuster follow-up Taking Center Stage DVD and companion book, as well as 24″ x 36″ editions of the Anatomy and Taking Center Stage posters! These full-color posters are not available in stores and is only available from HudsonMusic.com!
This bundle includes:
- Anatomy of a Drum Solo DVD
- Anatomy of a Drum Solo 24″ x 36″ poster
- Taking Center Stage DVD
- Taking Center Stage Book
- Taking Center Stage 24″ x 36″ poster.
About Anatomy of a Drum Solo DVD:
This DVD features in-studio footage of Neil Peart discussing, in detail, his approach to soloing. Using a solo recorded in September, 2004 in Frankfurt, Germany, as a framework, Neil talks about each segment of this nine-minute tour de force that is a highlight of each Rush performance.
Also included are:
- Two explorations — completely improvised workouts at the drums, each over thirty-minutes long; a never-before-released solo recorded in Hamburg, Germany in September, 2004 (Ich Bin Ein Hamburger)
- Baterista Neil’s Grammy Award-nominated solo (from Rush in Rio)
- Two full Rush performances from Frankfurt 2004, shown entirely from the perspective of the drum cameras
- Interviews with Lorne Wheaton, Neis drum tech, and Paul Northfield, Rush co-producer and engineer
- A full-color booklet, a photo gallery and more.
- Alternate Edits-During parts of Neil’s analysis ofDer Trommler, the viewer can choose between two different edits, one with related playing examples in full screen and one with Neil in view while the playing example is shown in a separate inset. These spots are identified by an on-screen icon.
- Audio-only Bonus Tracks, Momos Dance Party and Pieces of Eight, composed and performed by Neil, on marimba, that can be accessed at various points in the program.
- Bonus Footage:
- A previously unreleased solo from the Rush Counterparts tour recorded March 27, 1994 at the Palace of Auburn Hills in Michigan.
- Camera-Option—During Neils performance of Der Tommler, the viewer can choose between the program edit and two, isolated cameras, for different views.
- Two Rush performances (Tom Sawyer and Subdivisions) recorded Frankfurt, September, 2004 from the perspective of the drum cameras.
About Taking Center Stage DVD:
A Lifetime of Live Performance – The most in-depth insight into Neil’s body of work ever documented.
Neil Peart examines the challenges of live performance. Drawing from over 30 years touring the world, Neil breaks down, demonstrates, and performs classic drum parts from songs spanning the entire Rush catalog, thereby giving the viewer the most in-depth insight into Neils body of work ever documented.
Filmed in various locations over the course of a year, Neil takes you on a behind-the-scenes look at Rushs 2010-11 Time Machine Tour. Beginning with a visit to his personal pre-tour rehearsals, Neil shows the ways in which he prepares for the upcoming tour. The viewer is then transported backstage at a Rush concert to witness the setting up of the drumset, the soundcheck, and an unprecedented backstage interview where Neil explains and runs through his warm-up routine, and discusses the upcoming concert.Neil then presents a detailed look at every single song in the Time Machine set list (which includes the entire Moving Pictures album).
For each song, key grooves and fills are analyzed by Neil in an interview setting with Hudsons Joe Bergamini. For each groove and fill discussed, both full-speed and slow-motion drums-only demonstrations are included, coupled with PDF icons that allow the viewer to analyze and practice the patterns using the included PDF eBook. At the end of each song discussion, the viewer is transported onstage to a Rush concert to see the actual live performance of the song from the perspective of the drum cameras only (with an exclusive, custom audio mix that features the drums heard slightly louder than a normal concert DVD mix).
With in-studio rehearsal footage, backstage scenes, live concert performances, and breathtaking interview footage filmed in Death Valley National Park, California, this package documents not only Neils approach to live performance, but of the very essence of his drum style, on all the classic Rush songs, including Tom Sawyer, Subdivisions, YYZ, The Spirit of Radio, Free Will, Limelight, Far Cry, Marathon, Time Stand Still, and many more. The DVD concludes with an extensive discussion, analysis, and performance of the newest Rush song, Caravan.
Bonus features include two additional live performances (seen from the drum cameras only) from the 2008 Snakes and Arrows Tour, an additional educational segment on the song Bravado, PDF eBook, photo gallery, and an interview with Neils drum tech Lorne Wheaton.
About Taking Center Stage Book:
By Joe Bergamini with forward and editing by Neil Peart.
This book is the most complete retrospective on Neil’s career available in print today. Originally conceived as a companion to the groundbreaking 2011 three-disc DVD set of the same name, this book combines astonishingly detailed musical transcriptions, historical writing, instructional text, and a beautiful collection of photographs to create a book that every drummer and every fan of Neil and Rush will want to add to their collection.
At the heart of the book are note-for-note musical transcriptions of 17 songs that are included on the Taking Center Stage DVD. These transcriptions are exclusive to this book, since they are taken from the performances on the DVD, documenting how Neil currently approaches the songs. Songs include, “Tom Sawyer,” “YYZ,” “The Spirit of Radio,” “Free Will,” “Subdivisions,” “Time Stand Still,” “Marathon,” “La Villa Strangiato,” “The Trees,” “Caravan,” “BU2B,” “Far Cry,” and many others.
The book is divided into chapters corresponding to each and every Rush tour from the time Neil joined the band in 1975, up to the present. Each of these chapters contains extensive text discussing the musical approach of the band at the time, the construction of the drum parts, and Neil’s setup. Accompanying this are exquisitely detailed diagrams of each of Neil’s drum sets, produced after extensive research into the exact instruments that were used on every tour. Tying everything together are stunning photos taken over the past 30 years and color reproductions of just about every drum company advertisement that has featured Neil during his career.
- Fifteen chapters devoted to Neil’s musical approach and equipment on every Rush tour since 1975.
- Note-for-note drum transcriptions of 17 songs taken from the Taking Center Stage: A Lifetime of Live Performance DVD, including Rush classics like “Tom Sawyer,” “YYZ,” “The Spirit of Radio,” “Free Will,” “Subdivisions,” “Time Stand Still,” “Marathon,” “La Villa Strangiato,” and many others.
- Detailed text from both Neil and author Joe Bergamini, explaining his equipment and his approach to the songs.
- Exclusive photos, some never before published, showing Neil and his drums in vibrant detail.
- Detailed diagrams and explanations of all of Neil’s drum sets.
- Other interesting images, such as Neil’s Modern Drummer® magazine covers and print advertisements from DW, Tama, Sabian, Ludwig, Pro-Mark, and Zildjian.
About Taking Center Stage & Anatomy of a Drum Solo Posters:
Perfect for display in your practice room or drum studio. A must have for all Neil Peart and Rush fans!
- Large 24″ x 36″ size.
- Premium quality 175 gsm fine art paper.
- Matte finish for no glare.
- Shipped flat and rolled – no crease marks for easy display and reading.
- For indoor use.
Please note: Posters are excluded from any promotional offers or discounts.