A complete guide to the Jamaican drumming styles of Ska, Rocksteady and Reggae.
Gil Sharone’s Wicked Beats is a complete guide to the Jamaican drumming styles of Ska, Rocksteady and Reggae. Gil Sharone takes you on a musical journey through these styles and explores some of the earlier styles that helped shape them including African Nyabingi and Burru drumming.
Gil introduces and demonstrates classic “riddims” that are essential for achieving an authentic sound. With instructional breakdowns, stellar performances, detailed eBook and in-depth commentary, you will be able to fully grasp what these highly influential styles have to offer and apply them to your own playing!
Become A Better Player!
- Develop Discipline and Endurance
- Enhance Your Feel and Touch
- Strengthen Your Inner Clock & Precision
- Build Coordination and Dynamic Control
- Develop a Solid, More Confident Sound
- Improve Versatility
With Special Appearances by;
- Reggae Historian Roger Steffens
- Jamaican Drumming Pioneer Lloyd Knibb of The Skatalites
- Reggae Drumming Legend Carlton \Santa\ Davis
- Adrian Young from No Doubt
- Over 11 Performances
- Classic Beats and Variations of Each Style
- Segment on Achieving the Right Sound
- Detailed eBook with Transcriptions